Phyrexia

Forum based RPG

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Death's agenda

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mikhael

PostSubject: Re: Death's agenda   Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:54 pm

Amused by the goo, and feeling that any liquid that's green is probably bad. Kraden ponders what it might be.

Spoiler:

Admitting he may not know what it is, he probes the mind of the horned thrall for answers.

Spoiler:

Then, Kraden turns to one of the following devils (one who looked like his fighting ability against the demons wasn't pulling the team's weight). He commands the devil to give a visual demonstration to what happens to any poor bastard who swims in the goo.

Fuzzball

Character sheet
Name: Calliope
HP:
30/30  (30/30)
Energy:
28/38  (28/38)

PostSubject: Re: Death's agenda   Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:33 pm

The ditch stretches as far as you can see. It appears there may have been a few bridges spanning it at one time, but all that remains are a few supports.

Spoiler:

One of the scrawnier devils walks up to the edge and jumps in. The goo must be deeper than it appears because he submerges completely. You hear a bloodcurdling scream and see a few bubbles, but no parts of the devil resurface.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Umbra_Panthera

Character sheet
Name: Tenebrae Aleranyse
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: Death's agenda   Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:51 am

Drolkorn ignores the devil while he casts dimension door and steps to the other side of the ditch. "Odd, it would seem more prudent to keep the bridges in repair, though I suppose it is possible this forms some natural barrier against attack by those things which can not fly." He looks at the dwarf/deer, "Or those who can bound."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhael

PostSubject: Re: Death's agenda   Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:58 am

A smile crosses Kraden's face. Amused at the show, but annoyed at the devil's inability to swim above the surface of the goo so that Kraden could see his skin melt from his body.

Kraden appears at Drolkorn's side, looks up and down stream before broadcasting mentally "what bridge?"

Spoiler:

Umbra_Panthera

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: Death's agenda   Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:26 am

Drolkorn gestures toward the evidence of old bridges, "Those supports seem to indicate the existence of a bridge at some point in time. I just wonder if it is the war which has caused them to be destroyed or something else."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzball

Character sheet
HP:
30/30  (30/30)
Energy:
28/38  (28/38)

PostSubject: Re: Death's agenda   Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:33 am

Most of the devils are able to teleport to the other side without trouble. A few fall in in a vain attempt to jump, but none manage to surface for Kraden's amusement. The two more powerful humanoids make it across with the pack.

For some reason, possibly to bring a smile to his master's face, the gnome decides to push one of the lesser devils into one of the nearby shallower streams of goo. The devil falls in with a shout that turns to a shrieking scream as green goo swells up around him disolving off his skin, muscles, and even disolving away the bones until there is no evidence left to show that the devil had ever been there. She stands there very nonchallantly, so though nothing had happened.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maj._Victory

Character sheet
Name: Renault 'The Carver' Gavinsborke
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: Death's agenda   Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:43 am

During most of this exchange, Skeks has been making a terrible attempt at a chortle (it just comes out as horrible slurping noises like usual) while watching the devils succumb to a gooey fate.

Upon hearing Drolkorn's latest comment Skeks sends a telepathic message his way.

Quote :
Are you daft? You have heard of the blood war have you not? The never ending battle between devils and demons? Even if there is something here besides the war that could destroy the bridges I find it is doubtful that anything would have enough time to act upon the bridge before a troupe of demons or devils destroyed the crossing."

After this Skeks looks at the ditch for a moment, does a few calculations and then begins to run towards and jump over the ditch (for a 23), clearing it by about eight feet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Umbra_Panthera

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: Death's agenda   Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:40 am

Drolkorn blinks, "Hrm, I haven't heard of it, or I don't remember hearing of it, but some how that knowledge fills me with a little joy..." He continues towards the column of smoke in the distance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhael

PostSubject: Re: Death's agenda   Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:59 pm

Kraden watches the demise of the skinny creature, a wicked smile across his face . It seems as though his new thralls may be less... appealing, but so far they are smarter. A significant issue last time.

He turns to walk with Skeks and Drolkon interested in their conversation. Mentally he broadcasts "Considering Demons and Devils, I'm amazed bridges even attempted to get built in the first place. Much less in a coherent enough shape to be destroyed later."

Maj._Victory

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: Death's agenda   Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:16 pm

Skeks dusts himself off and turns to face Kraden.

Quote :
I agree. Perhaps this ditch is known to spontaneously generate bridges at regular intervals, and then the devils and demons simply destroy them as is their nature. A perfectly natural cycle of creation and destruction. All is in balance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gurthoron

Character sheet
Name: Matt Bonner
HP:
20/20  (20/20)
Energy:
16/26  (16/26)

PostSubject: Re: Death's agenda   Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:43 pm

"Balance? In this place? You realize you are talking about the Abyss right? I'd find it more likely some demons randomly channeled bridge builders and decided to put own up. Wouldn't surprise me if the bridge didn't meet in the middle. Anyway, can we quit playing with the ditch of incompetent people and continue on to the mysterious smoke?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhael

PostSubject: Re: Death's agenda   Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:22 pm

Kraden eyes casper and ponders to himself. This ghost can hear mental communication, what a remarkable undead. Upon further consideration, he also realizes that the only member of their entourage that possesses wings had failed to cross the river. Perhaps this dragon had an irrational fear of the color green, or maybe just making decisions. Either way, Kraden walks on with the others towards the smoke.

Bubbles

Character sheet
Name: Philonis Trehbraun
HP:
23/50  (23/50)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: Death's agenda   Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:45 am

The dragon, obviously distracted by the odd lay of the land finally takes notice to the fact that he is the lone sane being on this side of the river. Ravtos quickly remedies the situation and flies across, quick to start ignoring his 'comrades' once he's gotten over.

[ooc; just have Corey smack me to post, I seem to be real bad at this.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
physicsgod

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
1/1  (1/1)
Energy:
1/1  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: Death's agenda   Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:33 pm

Maut looks around confused it seems that he is only hearing one half of a conversation but that others hear all of.... he decides to just go along with it for now and see what happens
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzball

Character sheet
HP:
30/30  (30/30)
Energy:
28/38  (28/38)

PostSubject: Re: Death's agenda   Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:23 am

Most of the rivulets of goo are small enough to step over though it still takes an hour of walking before more than smoke comes into view. Mostly, there is fighting. If there was a city, or even a structure in this place, it is long gone. Smoke is coming from many locations and it is impossible to see across the entire battlefield. There are two rivers of goo here that form an X, and the devils and demons have used the landforms caused by this to form what might be tentatively called "bases of opperation". Each base contains several portals where demons or devils are pouring out to join in the battle. The fight looks to be about even.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gurthoron

Character sheet
HP:
20/20  (20/20)
Energy:
16/26  (16/26)

PostSubject: Re: Death's agenda   Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:22 pm

"So, in the middle of the battlefield, we are trying to find a particular succubus. We could try wandering around asking every succubus we meet what her name is, or we could make ourselves obvious, maybe slaughter some devils, and see what happens. Opinions or other options folks?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bubbles

Character sheet
Name: Philonis Trehbraun
HP:
23/50  (23/50)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: Death's agenda   Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:49 pm

"I like the slaughtering part, but the rest seems kind of boring;" mumbles Ravtos. "Don't one of you bipeds have some sort of spell to make the search easier?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Umbra_Panthera

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: Death's agenda   Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:54 pm

Drolkorn gazes over the endless fighting, taking particular note of the portals, "I suppose I could narrow the field down a bit, but why don't we just ask first?" He looks towards Kraden, "I don't suppose you have someone or thing following you around that might know where this Mishgrinna is?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhael

PostSubject: Re: Death's agenda   Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:00 pm

Kraden looks at Drolkorn, then moves his eyes over the mass of devils following him. "Uh, I'm gonna guess no. The ones that aren't too stupid to survive probably wouldn't know where one of their natural enemies are." He looks at the gnome and the tiefling with a look clearly expecting them to earn their keep.

Fuzzball

Character sheet
HP:
30/30  (30/30)
Energy:
28/38  (28/38)

PostSubject: Re: Death's agenda   Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:48 pm

The gnome blinks at her master, "It might be easier to find someone if the fighting stopped. The only way this will end is with one side victorious and the other wiped out. You seek a succubus, so closing the devil portals will ensure demon success, and the best chance that your target will survive. Unless you want her dead, in which case the demon portals should be closed." She seems very matter-of-fact reguarding the matter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maj._Victory

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: Death's agenda   Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:19 am

Skeks turns to the gnome with a surprised look on his face.

Quote :
"That, that, that's actually a good idea. Yes it makes so much sense why didn't I remember it sooner. The portals, oh its so simple. Of course they will be heavily guarded, probably only second to the security surrounding the leaders of the local battle. And of course you'll need someone who can close the portals. And even if we do stop the battle it doesn't mean the demons wont attack us. Too many variables to be certain if it'll work, but it sounds like an option."

He scratches his tentacles in a thoughtful manner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gurthoron

Character sheet
HP:
20/20  (20/20)
Energy:
16/26  (16/26)

PostSubject: Re: Death's agenda   Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:34 pm

"Well, we can always give it a try. Anyone have any weird issues with hordes of undead or shall I send my little friends at them to weaken the opposition?" As she speaks Caspar tugs loose a small object from her belt, pitch black in color but slightly transparent like everything about her. She begins to unfold the item, which soon takes on the appearance of a ghostly black hole.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Umbra_Panthera

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: Death's agenda   Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:54 am

Drolkorn looks at the massive battle for a time before responding, "Perhaps stealth would be a superior method for approaching the gate. We have a history of accidentally eliminating the person we are after and I wouldn't want to do it again."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhael

PostSubject: Re: Death's agenda   Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:08 pm

The gnome definitly has potential. Eager to please, thoughtful of tactics... could use some refining.

"Yes, stealth would be better. Last time worked out a little too well. What kind of stealth were you thinking of, I think I left my devil suit on the ferry." Kraden says in sarcastic tones, for once actually using his mouth.

Kraden scans the battlefield to determine the locations of the devil potals.

Fuzzball

Character sheet
HP:
30/30  (30/30)
Energy:
28/38  (28/38)

PostSubject: Re: Death's agenda   Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:46 pm

The gnome points toward the gathering of devils. "Use them as a hat?"

The distinction between demon and devil portals is easy to determine. From each portal, creatures pour out in one direction - toward the battle. The backsides are guarded by larger beings, though there's less fighting there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death's agenda   

Back to top Go down

Death's agenda
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Phyrexia :: In Character Threads :: It begins-
Jump to: