Phyrexia

Forum based RPG

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Set up crap

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mikhael

PostSubject: Re: Set up crap   Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:50 am

Well there are three ways that I can think of you doing this that would work effectively. While reading these keep in mind that alternate form is one of the few abilities that no matter how many ranks you have into a specific one each form, thats stacked, only counts as one stage. Thus what the game would consider as a rank 5 alternate form would still only be stage two as far as using it, but any abilities used from this form would be considered stage 3 or higher.

1) You take the power flux attribute as gurthoron did. The pro about this option is that you can quite literally choose what tree you turn into each and every time. You could be every type of tree and just build what boosts you get each time you switch into it. The con of this method is that it really is one of the biggest character point sinks there is. Basically for each 10 points everyone else gets you get an effective 4 points. Whilest you will be able to adapt better than any other characters for situations you will have the least amount of abilities by a long shot. This option is good primarily for a character who really wont be turning into any particular form more than once or twice. With this option being in any form makes you up a stage to stage 2 automatically (provided it doesn't have any more prerequisite abilities that precede it).

2) You can take the alternate form power for each individual tree form. The pro about this method would be that you can really hunker down and customize your forms a bit better. You can have distinct abilities for aspen, redwood, etc and those would be under their own forms that you wouldn't need to have penalties for to access. The biggest con about this is the stat increases. For each form you would need to rebuild your stats, extra limbs, and other treeish qualities that you would need for each option. This option would also only put you in stage two when using any of your forms.

3) You may over lap alternate forms as a sequence. Essentially what I mean by this is that you would have a base tree alternate form that you would progress into (that would give you stats, extra branches, etc) and then you take another alternate form for say aspen that would give you more options from there (splitting, aspeny qualities). The advantage of this method is that from a character point perspective it really is the most efficient use of your points. You would have a generic tree form as you suggested that would save on your points as far as stat allocation and treeocity. The con of this option is that it is the most penalizing as far as game play. Since each particular form is only considered one stage this option would actually consider your base tree to be stage two and your specific trees to be 3, or perhaps four if you did more customizing (like another form that required the aspen template already to be in effect). Thus making any forms that you would use such as aspen or palm trees to be stage 3. Also since they are higher stages you would need to take an action to progress through each one. Thus starting from human form, if you wanted to throw an coconut bomb that spews milk or whatever, you would need to spend 1 action to go human to tree, one action to go specifically into palm tree, and then one more action to go into stage four and throw the damn coconut.

Ultimately it is your choice as to which way you want to work this. Also these are just the ways as far as I know how to work the system. Though I've done a fair amount of research into the alternate form ideas, if you came up with another way to do it I could tell you how that would work with the system we would be using for magic.

Mikhael

PostSubject: Re: Set up crap   Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:10 am

So far as characters go I approve with most of the stuff I've seen.

Umbra, I like the point/lvl ratio as far as reality is concerned and the added multiple as well. I think that will work but im gonna think on it a little more. If you want to write up exactly what you want/imagined it doing and send it to me so I can just see what options, bounds, and stuff you are setting.

Gurthoron all i have to say to keeping in shape through ultimate frisbee... Thats just funny shit.

Oh and good job on the character bios and crap on the character forum. Naturally once you start meeting NPC's I will add more stuff for them, also keep an eye up for edits for the npc posts. The way I was thinking of doing them is to just leave them generic and then editing them with more specific stuff when their background/abilities get revealed during the campaign. Ill probably organize it by factions such as hand, eye, avek, and such not.

Bubbles

Character sheet
Name: Philonis Trehbraun
HP:
23/50  (23/50)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: Set up crap   Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:47 pm

Decided to take more of choice (3). Although I will not litterally be able to change from an pine tree to a fruit tree and the like, I should still be able to tack on their ablilities with this. Right now the character is set up so that with the first rank of Alternate form I would essentially use by tree branches as weapons, gain armor, and regenerate when immobile. My second rank in AF would then grant me ranged weapons like my lemon bomb and pinecone bomb. As I get more points for my character I can buff up these abilities or add another alternate form rank and give myself more abilities.

I'm assuming for now with the powers gained with the first rank of AF should be my first stage powers, not costing me too much energy, and then with the powers in my second rank of AF that those would be my second stage powers (at least for now). Eventually my other powers I talked to you about (clones, extra reach, control of plants maybe?) can be added into the rank of alternate form that best emulates the amount of energy you think it should take.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhael

PostSubject: Re: Set up crap   Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:41 pm

Using any alternate form, even your first rank, puts you at 2nd stage. Any first stage powers you want must not come with alternate forms. Also while swinging limbs and armour would be free at stage 2 (presuming the armour is considered to be bark and wood not special abilities), regeneration or activation based abilities would be stage 3. Like wise for starting in a stage 3 alternate form. If you were looking for stage one abilities they would have to be things that you could not use in any tree form, human form only. Also if these human form abilities were of higher rank they would also push you into stage 2 (not including using your form). So if you want to talk to plants and the like if you use a rank 4 version of that ability, tree form or no, it will be stage 3.

Cap'n Pat

Character sheet
Name: Merrilyn Courville
HP:
26/50  (26/50)
Energy:
10/20  (10/20)

PostSubject: Re: Set up crap   Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:56 am

Well, I'm going to try and find a PDF of the BESM book tonight so I can get this things created (actually still have the Exalted books, don't know if they're right edition though). Sorry it's taken me so long, I have just donated everything role-playing wise but my dice to either you guys or my brother Jake and other life changing events have kept me slightly distracted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhael

PostSubject: Re: Set up crap   Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:19 pm

If you look in the World Info, exaltism thread, MajVictory posted a hosting of the BESM book. I think its the one I had but it works. Also like I said that thread explains most of what we will be using from exalted anyways.

Maj._Victory

Character sheet
Name: Renault 'The Carver' Gavinsborke
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: Set up crap   Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:52 pm

Yeah its the same book you have Mikhael, but I'm not having any trouble with the pictures like you mentioned. They do have this weird outline around them though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhael

PostSubject: Re: Set up crap   Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:51 am

So how goes the creation for the other two characters. Sorry I havent been that active in the past 2 days but ive been rather busy and crap. From the looks of it no one else has done squat either.

Capn and Fuzzball, I dont actually have anything for your characters, and by that i mean even a theme to them. If you have one already just let me know and ill move on to bugging you to make your character sheet.

Oh as far as backstories go, Im still working on getting the damn maps up and posted somehow. Gotta find a scanner now, or just take a digital picture. From there it sounds like only one of you so far is starting out on the main world, everyone else is opting for portal worlds. In which case for you portal people I will let you come up with whatever the hell you want for your world set up, background, and all that jazz. The only thing that I would ask though is that you can come up with some sort of set up for your contact/recruitment (MajVictory, ive already talked to you about this) for purposes of leaving your world to head into the mortal realm. I.E. if your character is on any specific missions or has a particular goal/quest and what not.

Cap'n Pat

Character sheet
HP:
26/50  (26/50)
Energy:
10/20  (10/20)

PostSubject: Re: Set up crap   Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:08 pm

I tried to send a PM to Mikhael to give some character this morning so I don't know if it got to him or not yet...I've added pretty much finished up the character creation process, just working on some background. See my character sheet for the details.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhael

PostSubject: Re: Set up crap   Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:07 pm

Huzzah!

Now I just need to get fuzzball to get going on her character. Wasn't she supposed to be the most gung-ho forum dnd player out of all of us? I was half expecting her to be posting about 200 times already to be honest. Come on Fuzzball!

Umbra_Panthera

Character sheet
Name: Tenebrae Aleranyse
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: Set up crap   Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:05 pm

She should be busy applying to work with Mark at gaminglabs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhael

PostSubject: Re: Set up crap   Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:59 pm

So would it be possible for everyone to be ready by oh say sunday?

I would really like to get this thing started. Lemme know if Fuzzball can be ready. In the mean time I'm gonna do some last minute touches and be pming people about backstorys.

Cap'n Pat

Character sheet
HP:
26/50  (26/50)
Energy:
10/20  (10/20)

PostSubject: Re: Set up crap   Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:15 pm

I'm ready to go whenever, so let's do it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maj._Victory

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: Set up crap   Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:11 pm

I'm ready whenever. I just need to add the finishing touches to my back story and the I'll get it posted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Umbra_Panthera

Character sheet
Name: Tenebrae Aleranyse
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: Set up crap   Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:49 pm

I am ready as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhael

PostSubject: Re: Set up crap   Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:55 pm

sunday it is then...ill be contacting you people with stuff in pm's about initial story regarding your character and what not.

Bubbles

Character sheet
Name: Philonis Trehbraun
HP:
23/50  (23/50)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: Set up crap   Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:36 pm

I guess it wouldn't be too hard to be ready by Sunday, my question is when will you start posting that particular day? Because that is when I'll try to schedule a break from playing SSBB for a bit and post some stuffs. (Still got my backstory to work on, I'll do it during work tomorrow.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhael

PostSubject: Re: Set up crap   Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:12 pm

*shakes fist* damn you! You can take a 10 min break sometime tomorrow from that game.

Maj._Victory

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: Set up crap   Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:35 pm

See, this is why you should have been ready ahead of time with your character. That way you would have more time for brawl.

edit: Like me! MUWAHAHAHA!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Set up crap   

Back to top Go down

Set up crap
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Phyrexia :: The Cave :: Side Banter-
Jump to: