Phyrexia

Forum based RPG

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

The beginning

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Maj._Victory

Character sheet
Name: Renault 'The Carver' Gavinsborke
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:33 am

Renault smirks at Tenebrae's chagrin.

"Thanks again for your help in the demonstration Tenebrae, you performed far beyond my expectations. As you can see my powers can be overt or covert and are very flexible. I am quite certain they will be very useful on our mission, and, based on my observations, I would say all of our combined powers will be quite useful. I must say that this is very much a top notch operation."

Renault genuinely smiles with his comment, but then returns to finishing his meal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bubbles

Character sheet
Name: Philonis Trehbraun
HP:
23/50  (23/50)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:49 pm

Phil is wary of the people at the bar looking in odd wonder at the 'show' going on before them.

"While that was an interesting display of your abilities I feel that this kind of setting is an inappropriate place to show them off. We might be drawing some unwanted attention from the patrons here. For that reason I'll wait to demonstrate my abilities until we have a decent bit of privacy."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cap'n Pat

Character sheet
Name: Merrilyn Courville
HP:
26/50  (26/50)
Energy:
10/20  (10/20)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:42 am

"Indeed. I am more than content to just enjoy ourselves by just spending time with one another." She returns to her observations of the area, hoping that not too much attention has been drawn to themselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Umbra_Panthera

Character sheet
Name: Tenebrae Aleranyse
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:55 pm

Tenebrae finishes his food and drink, he appears content to relax in his seat for the time. He chuckles at Phil's statement, "At least one of us has some restraint."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzball

Character sheet
Name: Calliope
HP:
30/30  (30/30)
Energy:
28/38  (28/38)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:47 pm

Calliope laughs, "I have restraint. There's simply nothing I can do that would upset anyone here."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gurthoron

Character sheet
Name: Matt Bonner
HP:
20/20  (20/20)
Energy:
16/26  (16/26)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:05 am

Matt winced at the waitress's reply. Carbombed, eh? Note to self, next time he hit Earth grab a whole ton of soda, "No carbonation. I'm afraid your missing out. I don't suppose you have something called caffeine? It helps wake you up, gives you energy. Perhaps you have some sort of equivalent to an energy drink? If not, fruit juice would be great thanks." Matt smiles, blushing slightly. Hopefully he wasn't making a complete annoyance out of himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhael

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:56 pm

"Naw, no Calfene either. But if you want something that'll pick you up and give you energy try this." Smiling, she sets down a mug with a bright red liquid inside. When Matt tries a sip of it, it feels like drinking a liquid cinnamon stick. The taste is so strong, its easy to miss the feeling of numbness that comes after it.

Umbra_Panthera

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:01 pm

Tenebrae finishes his food and returns his plate to the bar, refilling his wine glass and relaxing in his seat, at least from the eyes down anyway. He waits for the others to finish with their food.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhael

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:39 pm

As the party continues to talk, people come and people leave from the tavern. Eventually the sun sets. Outside it becomes very obvious that nighttime in this part of the world isn't as dark as most would expect. This is probably due to the very small, blueish star that looms over head in the night time. The world becomes bathed in a very soft dark blue light, though it appears that night still can be much colder than the day.

This blueish star seems to be no coincidence, but rather an expected occurrence for the natives. For as the blue light fills the air, the colors of the town change to emit brighter colors that look incredibly stylized (kinda like glow in the dark effects). The tavern now turns a lighter purple color that gives it a much danker feeling. The durram fades to a brownish color in the new light, while Matt's drink glows to a neon orange color.

With the new changes also comes a different crowd. travelers, disheveled wanderers, and drunks fill the tavern. Food turns from a dinner feel to a much more snack orientation, and the booze flows liberally. The party notices that several of the travelers also have magical powers, and are showing them off in similar ways to what the party had done before. This could be best described as cheap bar tricks for the magically inclined adventurer.

Also to those who think to take note. The numbers above the table begin to grow with each ordered meal and each filled glass. The number reflects what all have taken, to the offworlders it appears that splitting the check here is not done here. The locals realize that a tavern is a social event. Without the invent of credit cards, each ponies up small coinage that appeaers to be made of a ceramic material. These coins display upon them a symbol of a pyramid grasped in a hand and an eye floating overhead.

Cap'n Pat

Character sheet
HP:
26/50  (26/50)
Energy:
10/20  (10/20)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:35 pm

Merrilyn waits for the rest of the group to complete their meal, then decides to take charge.
"Well, it appears that we will be splitting the check. I hope everyone is ok with this. Is there anyone not?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maj._Victory

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:27 am

After Merrilyn's comment Renault fumbles in his pocket for a second and then produces a small leather pouch with a steel fastener. As he sets it on the table you see it is attached to his belt by a leather strap. The bag opens with a click and from it he produces two brown-green slips of paper and several gold-colored, eleven-sided coins.

"Now, how much do I owe?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gurthoron

Character sheet
HP:
20/20  (20/20)
Energy:
16/26  (16/26)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:08 am

Matt takes the drink with a smile and returns to the others. Sitting and eating quietly, he watches their tricks and those displays of the other patrons with great curiousity. The strange blue lighting only added to his overall sense of reality, and he sat back and enjoyed the show.

The feeling of overall wellness was dashed when payment was mentioned. "Crap," he muttered, looking from the strange coinage produced by the locals to Renault's own form of money.

"I suppose several hours ago was the time to ask whether they accepted money from other realities."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bubbles

Character sheet
HP:
23/50  (23/50)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:17 am

After digging around in his pack for a bit, Phil produces some coins and looks at them intently. Muttering to himself about how he can't quite remember the set amounts, he takes a moment before he sets down the money he owes on the table. After making his payment of services rendered Phil decides he has been indoors for much too long today. "I'll be waiting outside, I need some air. Money's on the table." Phil proceeds out the door and leans on the building outside waiting for the others
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cap'n Pat

Character sheet
HP:
26/50  (26/50)
Energy:
10/20  (10/20)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:54 pm

"It appears that we have varying currencies! How confusing." Merrilyn produces colored ceramic coins that are similar in color and styling to poker chips. She produces 4 red ones. "Well, I certainly hope this is enough. And to avoid confusion, I have changed my mind. As a gift to my other new friends, I will pick up the tab." She walks up to the counter to the barkeep, bringing the coins with her. "I would like to pay for my table, please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhael

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:15 pm

The bartender smiles and takes one red coin and then supplies change for it, handing back 5 silver ceramic coins to Merrilyn. At this he spouts a phrase, "doc vende gustare." He waves over a young boy who collects the mugs and plates on the table and then wipes it down quickly with a rag.

Spoiler:

Maj._Victory

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:07 pm

"Well since we seem to speak the same language I thought that it was probable that they used the loonie as well. Well thanks for the gift then, Merrilyn."

Renault takes his money and returns it to the pouch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cap'n Pat

Character sheet
HP:
26/50  (26/50)
Energy:
10/20  (10/20)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:24 pm

"No worries! Merrilyn steps outside to get some of the fresh evening air. "Well, I'm going to get some shut eye here this evening. Everyone else is free to do and go where they please, but if you could be back where we met the Lieutenant in the morning, I would be grateful. Have a good evening!" She smiles, waves, and begins heading towards the rooms that were offered by Brical earlier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Umbra_Panthera

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:51 pm

Tenebrae turns to Merrilyn, "Thank you, perhaps I shall see some of you in the Temple later." As he departs the tavern he nods to Phil in greeting and begins to wander the city for a time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bubbles

Character sheet
HP:
23/50  (23/50)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:12 pm

Phil gives a nod back to Tenebrae then quickly starts out in his own direction

With permission to do as he wants for the remainder of the evening, Phil heads outside of town, maybe to that nice alcove of trees by the south end of town. He's been in civilization too long for his liking today, and he'd rather be where things go a little more his pace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maj._Victory

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:32 pm

"Perhaps I'll stay at the bar." He turns around for a second but then stops in his tracks. He seems to pat something under his cloak. "Actually I must retire for the evening." And he heads for his room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gurthoron

Character sheet
HP:
20/20  (20/20)
Energy:
16/26  (16/26)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:13 pm

Matt wishes everyone a good evening then swiftly proceeds towards their temporary quarters. Muttering about skipping cutscenes he tries to get to sleep, but due to excitement (And probably that drink he had far to much of) most of the night was spent enthralled in gaming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Umbra_Panthera

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:37 pm

After walking around the city for a little over an hour, Tenebrae returns to the lodging at the temple for a night's rest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Umbra_Panthera

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:33 am

In the morning Tenebrae wakes, perhaps a bit late, finds himself breakfast and relaxes until about midday at which time he presents himself at the chamber from the day before.

He looks around for his new companions and watches for anyone else who might have been assigned to similar tasks, "Time to get started it seems." He smirks slightly, perhaps wondering if the Lieutenent will be ready or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhael

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:17 pm

The next day brings a cool fog over the city. With the amount of traffic on the cobblestone streets, and the lack of stores opened, one could guess that this might be some sort of weekend or minor holiday.

Inside the chamber, a few people have already gathered and are in a discussion of sorts. Five people are gathered around the low table talking about relative assignments and tasks. A very attractive elven girl is seated at the head of the table in the largest chair. "That's an impractical idea. While it is true that it would work for this portal, it would be useless on all the others. That defeats the purpose here."

Standing to her right a very tall, and very skinny man speaks in a very hoarse voice. "We can't get too fancy right off the mark Minirven. Besides, it would be the fastest way." He stands about two and a half meteres tall, with silvery skin, and hair braided into a pony tail that reaches down to the floor. None of you recognize the species.

"Sea" Says a voice from almost underneath the table. The unmistakable sound of smidge's voice.

"I agree with the slime wad. Personally I'm not too thrilled about being screwed out of transportation if we run into trouble." A dwarf says he walks over and points his finger into the table a couple of times, as though there is something other than stone there. He appears to be more of a fatter dwarf than the muscular stereotype. The usual axe slung over the back is replaced by a fairly large backpack, with rope sticking out of every visible pocket.

Seated on the couch, and remaining fairly quiet in this conversation two other members of the group sit. The girl appears to be a human in her early twenties. She is dressed in a completely black, leather outfit that matches her jet black hair. A quick look and one can guess she is fairly agile. A look that the human boy next to her does not share. About in his late teens one would guess, he is dressed in fairly loose clothing with stylized patterns that say "Kill them all" on them. He appears to be sleeping while the rest talk together, with small white wires coming out of his ears and into one of his pockets. Very soft music can be heard coming from his ears.

Apart from the group that is so engrossed talking to each other they do not notice any newcomers, Lieutenant Brical stands alone near the entrance of the room. His very round moulded face watching the other group until Tenebrae walks in. "Ah, welcome back Tenebrae. Did you have an enjoyable evening?"

Umbra_Panthera

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:03 pm

Tenebrae nods at Brical, "it was quite interesting, even a bit educational." He glances at the other people in the room, "it would seem some of us know more than others already." He bows slightly to the other people in the room as they look at him. He takes a seat in a chair at the table, again granting himself view of as many people and entryways as possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   

Back to top Go down

The beginning
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Phyrexia :: In Character Threads :: It begins-
Jump to: