Phyrexia

Forum based RPG

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

The beginning

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Maj._Victory

Character sheet
Name: Renault 'The Carver' Gavinsborke
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:57 am

Renault looks around him as his attention returns to the battle. His clothes are quite ruined, and he is wearing only a pair of red woolen long johns along with a brace of pistols and his sword. He is surprised when he notices that the man who lit him on fire is not dead in his box. In fact the box is long gone and the man is nowhere to be seen.

"Hmmph, well it would seem you escaped my cage, but can you escape my blade?"
He begins to speak out another runic spell. "Ulyaoth Pargon Bankorok Pargon Magormor," and suddenly Renault's blade bursts into ghostly blue flames that dance across the steel.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bubbles

Character sheet
Name: Philonis Trehbraun
HP:
23/50  (23/50)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:03 pm

Phil continues frantically to put out the flames upon his body. Dropping and rolling, rolling and dropping, screaming at the flames that burn him so, cursing at his fate for being lit on fire, gnashing his teeth at the hardship he is currently enduring.

([ooc/] seriously there really isn't much to go on about being on fire, and fire being like the one thing that you hate. [end ooc/])
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cap'n Pat

Character sheet
Name: Merrilyn Courville
HP:
26/50  (26/50)
Energy:
10/20  (10/20)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:49 pm

Merril gets to her feet, her body aching in a way she has not felt since her last training session with her father. The splinters will have to be dealt with later. She tries to take stock of the situation and eventually realizes she will be of little use with her fists in a sword fight. She looks outside and sees the flaming....something...being stood over by a man. Realizing that...something...could be an ally she rushes to its aid and attempts to defend it against the man standing over it.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzball

Character sheet
Name: Calliope
HP:
30/30  (30/30)
Energy:
28/38  (28/38)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:56 pm

For a few moments Calliope is aware of pain and nothing else. No longer focusing on anything, her natural healing takes effect once more and she shudders at the feel of her insides knitting themselves back together. She focuses on her small hourglass increasing her rate of recovery, mending her insides as well as knitting the bone in her broken leg so that she can get up and attempt to find a safer spot.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gurthoron

Character sheet
Name: Matt Bonner
HP:
20/20  (20/20)
Energy:
16/26  (16/26)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:23 pm

A low groan emanates from the floor were Matt had fallen as he struggled to pull himself upright. Cursing quietly, he pulls a small cylindrical container from one pocket, chugs it, then stands himself upright. He sways slightly back and forth but the painkillers quickly take affect and soon he is vertical and alert. Oddly, his wounds also seem healed by their affect, but Matt takes no special note of this as he glares at the man who harmed him.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhael

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:02 pm

The goo that engulfed Tenebrae begins to writhe around and attempt to grapple the two enemies standing nearby. He watches as the attacker on his right begins feebly to fight it off trying to speak. As he opens his mouth goo floods in preventing any sound from coming out. Turning his attention to the blind card wielder he notices another card come whizzing at him aimed true. It splits into 3 knifes that impact Tenebrae.

Meanwhile many other people have taken this time to recoup and prepare themselves. Renault's blade glows a menacing blue, and also begins to drip blue energy. Calliope appears to have vanished in a blur of colors and can no longer be seen in the bar. Matt quaffs a small drink in his pocket and faces kidar.

Seeing this, a malicious grin spreads across kidar's face. He lets out a quick yell and Matt bursts into flames. He then stretches out an arm pointing towards matt. A pillar of fire erupts from underneath matt reaching high into the sky,blowing the roof off of the spare room.

Outside Merrylin rushes to Phils aid. She runs out through the door to see phil rolling around on the ground attempting to put himself out. Standing by him is a tall thin wiry man wearing a black robe with white trimming. The altruary glances back at merryl. A smile quickly alights his face as he pulls out bundle from under his clothes and tosses it over phil. The fire quickly subsides as the bundle breaks and water rushes over the poor tree.

The numbers (all are before damage mitigation)
Spoiler:

Last edited by Mikhael on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cap'n Pat

Character sheet
HP:
26/50  (26/50)
Energy:
10/20  (10/20)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:39 am

Merrilyn breaks from her stance and acknowledges the man with a puzzled look. "Thank you, stranger. Who are you, though?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Umbra_Panthera

Character sheet
Name: Tenebrae Aleranyse
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:12 am

Tenebrae mutters to himself and attempts to stab the card thrower with this sword.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bubbles

Character sheet
HP:
23/50  (23/50)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Fri May 01, 2009 1:44 am

Phil takes a moment to try and soak in what has just happened to him. "Let's see, was on fire, tried to put fire out, kind man put out fire. Obviously this man's a saint!" Phil thinks to himself.

Phil uncovers himself slowly from the blanket looks at the wiry man and bows his head low. "Thank you very much, I don't know what I'd do without your help." Then the cogs in his head turn just a bit more. "Would you be so kind as to tell me the name of my savior?"

[Essentially Phil would take the rest of this round to gather himself, wait for the gentleman's reply. For after all he has been covered in his worst fear for a bit longer than he'd like]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maj._Victory

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Fri May 01, 2009 1:40 pm

Renault wheels around in place and sneaks out the back door towards the spare room. As he steps through the shield it flickers but remains in place.

Upon reaching the spare room he barely holds back an evil laugh and stabs at Kidar with the dripping, blue blade.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzball

Character sheet
HP:
30/30  (30/30)
Energy:
28/38  (28/38)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Fri May 01, 2009 2:14 pm

The world around Calliope seems to move so slowly, and the feeling that the world has stagnated is only deepened by sitting still in a hiding place. She twitches nervously as her body mends itself for what seems like an eternity. When she can no longer stand it she peeks out and glares through her hourglass at Kidar.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gurthoron

Character sheet
HP:
20/20  (20/20)
Energy:
16/26  (16/26)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Thu May 07, 2009 3:11 am

Matt screams as the flames lick and curl about him. Memories of burning building and flying bullets fade, and as he looks up the human in front of him takes on an unmistakable demonic form. Grimacing he stands again, Matt's form changing from the rugged human male to a stooped, hairless man with with pale skin and an eerie look in his eyes. The simple leather jacket and jeans morphed into a long robe, a deep red with elegant golden filigree. Matt stared at his opponent and snarled, revealing yellow, rotting teeth, "C'mon, demonspawn. You got lucky with that one getting through."

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhael

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Sat May 09, 2009 12:05 pm

Tenebrae's sword slices into the card wielder, causing him to howl in pain. In retaliation he flings another card at his attacker. Tenebrae ducks as a materializing tent goes whizzing over his head and landing in goo. Behind him he hears the muffled sounds of the last swordsman drowning in the very same goo.

Outside the altruary gives Merrylin a puzzled look for a moment, then returns to his smile. "I am the head priest of this town, and also in charge of keeping the peace. I believe you are with the travelers I met earlier?"

Back in the spare room, Calliope focuses her energies on the flaming attacker. Her efforts go unnoticed, as does Renault who stealthily sneaks up behind him. While Kidar is distracted by his foe's changing form, he strikes causing Kidar to scream in pain then fall to the ground.

Numbers
Spoiler:

Umbra_Panthera

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Sat May 09, 2009 12:45 pm

Tenebrae presses forward with his attack, intending to finish the card thrower.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cap'n Pat

Character sheet
HP:
26/50  (26/50)
Energy:
10/20  (10/20)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Sat May 09, 2009 6:40 pm

Merril touches her head with her hand in a moment of shame. "My apologies, sir. I now recognize you. We were blindly attacked and the shock is still affecting my senses. Thank you again for your aid." She looks down at Phil (at least she can only assume it's Phil.) "Are you OK, my leafy friend?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maj._Victory

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Sun May 10, 2009 11:35 pm

Renault takes a moment to catch his breath and looks down at Kidar. He scoffs at the motionless body. "That's it? I thought you had more fight than that! What a lousy opponent."

He takes another deep breath and looks at the body once more. "Then again..." Renault trails off and kneels down to check that Kidar is truly dead.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bubbles

Character sheet
HP:
23/50  (23/50)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Mon May 11, 2009 1:40 pm

"Sorry for not recognizing you, I've been rolling around on the ground for a while, been thrown for a bit of a loop I suppose. Thanks again."

Looking back at Merril, "I should be fine, I think Ms. Merrilyn. Thank you for your consideration, though."

Phil takes the rest of the turn to get up, brush off some of the soot that's on him and face toward the ongoing battle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cap'n Pat

Character sheet
HP:
26/50  (26/50)
Energy:
10/20  (10/20)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Mon May 11, 2009 3:40 pm

Relieved that Phil is all right, but more relieved that the individual she correctly recognized an individual, she turned her attention back to the priest. "Is there any sort of guard that can aid us in catching these men who blindly attacked us in cold blood?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzball

Character sheet
HP:
30/30  (30/30)
Energy:
28/38  (28/38)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Thu May 14, 2009 12:40 am

Feeling rejuvinated, Calliope turns her attention to Renault. Making the proper parts of another person's body speed up without activating the wrong things was tricky, and she had to focus more than she would have on herself. She imagined that it would be an odd feeling for them, having their flesh knit back together, but it was something she had come to find perfectly natural.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gurthoron

Character sheet
HP:
20/20  (20/20)
Energy:
16/26  (16/26)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Sat May 16, 2009 11:00 pm

Matt smirks as the man falls, nodding in approval to man stabbing him from behind. Walking forwards he extends one hand towards the downed Kidar, and a thin, writhing green line is drawn from Kidar to Matt.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhael

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Sun May 31, 2009 2:26 pm

With a quick slash, Tenebrae opens the throat of his victim. He falls to the ground, where a pool of blood expands out from underneath him. Behind Tenebrae, sounds of struggle have given way to silence as the last swordsmen suffocates in the pile of goo. In the back room Matt and Renault satisfy their minds that Kidar is dead, and deface his corpse a bit too.

Outside, the altruary speaks to Merrylin and Phil. "Sadly there is no guard for this city. Only myself to keep the peace. Although, I am not capable of dealing with some of the gang activity that comes through here from the city."

The numbers
Spoiler:

Combat over (huzzah)

Maj._Victory

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:56 pm

Renault stands up after confirming that Kidar is dead. He looks down at the corpse and snorts. "What a waste." He then looks at his wounds as they begin to heal and close up rapidly.

"Thanks," he says to Calliope. Renault suspected that the fight was over for everyone as the sounds of battle had been replaced with a peaceful quiet. Just to be sure he wanders out into the bar and surveys the scene.

He looks at the goo covered man, the cardsmith, and then at Tenebrae, "You certainly do have a range of abilities, don't you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cap'n Pat

Character sheet
HP:
26/50  (26/50)
Energy:
10/20  (10/20)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:52 am

Merril grimmaced. "Pity. Well, looks like we'll have to take care of it..." She trails off as she turns around to notice an errie silence following the previous pitch of battle. "ourselves...hmmm. The silence means something, I'm not sure what." She walks back inside to investigate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Umbra_Panthera

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:07 pm

Tenebrae smirks at Renault's comment before wiping off his blade, sheathing it and then wiping the goo off himself with the cleanest piece of cloth he can find on the dead men.

As he cleans himself off he speaks quietly, "I have found myself in need of many skills over the course of my life. I try to specialize in variety, it has served me well so far." He discards the cloth on a body once he is as clean as he can get.

"I don't know what this is, but I need a bath." He snorts in annoyance at the goo-caster. He wonders to himself if perhaps Calliope's powers were what made the fight feel like it lasted a year or more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bubbles

Character sheet
HP:
23/50  (23/50)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:13 pm

Still a bit shaken from the whole incident, Phil starts heading back to where this mess all started, changing back into his normal form along the way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   

Back to top Go down

The beginning
Page 12 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Phyrexia :: In Character Threads :: It begins-
Jump to: