Phyrexia

Forum based RPG

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

The beginning

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Cap'n Pat

Character sheet
Name: Merrilyn Courville
HP:
26/50  (26/50)
Energy:
10/20  (10/20)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:00 am

"Excellent! Excellent. I'm glad we've got at least names out of the way. All that leaves in terms of introductions is our other friend in the corner. And your name?" She turns towards the frog-like being in the corner and smiles in anticipation, silently praying that she hasn't made a fool of herself by talking to a frog. Again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhael

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:50 pm

After a moment or two, the frog seems to react to being addressed. It turns its head ever so slowly over towards Merrilyn. As it turns its telescoping glasses slide down on what appears to be a very viscous secretion to the position of reading glasses. Finally in a low, drawn out voice that could best be described as the voice acting of Droopy it speaks.

"Smidge"

Apparently the creature assumed this word encompassed the answers to all the questions passed to him in the previous minutes. And with its very verbose response, it tilts its head back up toward the ceiling. Its glasses slide immediately back into its eye sockets and a sickening gurgling sound is heard from his throat. One shudders thinking of what it could be gargling in its mouth.

Maj._Victory

Character sheet
Name: Renault 'The Carver' Gavinsborke
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:19 pm

Renault watches the frog with intense interest as it prepares to speak, eagerly awaiting the word that would provide truth to his speculations.

"Smidge"

It would seem that the frog was not the lieutenant, and in fact, not deaf. Renault replies in a calm voice that shows no reaction to the sounds that emanate from the creature.

"Pleased to make your acquaintance."

After this brief statement he returns to resting his eyes and leaning back in his seat, satisfied that nothing would interest him until the lieutenant's arrival.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Umbra_Panthera

Character sheet
Name: Tenebrae Aleranyse
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:17 pm

Tenebrae smirks slightly, seeming to find the toad's response amusing, he speaks softly, almost to himself,

"I shall never consider myself short spoken again."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhael

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:19 pm

The sounds of footsteps approach from the hallway. Soon a humanoid shape rounds the corner and steps into the atrium. The individual looks at first glance like a human male, blonde, with his hair slicked back with hair gel. He wears garb that would indicate that it could be bland enough to be appropriate, but stylish enough to look respectable. Although detracting from this look is when the observer comes to the realization that his features are slightly off. One could say that he looks like a child moulded him out of clay and attempted to recreate a pizzaro painting, and rather badly at that. His ears and eyes do not align with their counterparts, his mouth is more of a diagonal slit, and his nose appears to be sucking itself into his skull with each breath. To top it off the sheen on his hair matches the general sheen the rest of his body emanates, giving him a very oily look. A broad smile cracks, literally, across his face as he walks in.

"Ah, good good. It looks like all of you have arrived." He says as he surveys the room. "And it appears you are still here also. I've told you before smidge, go home!"

At this a slight pop can be heard from the frog, followed by a high pitch sound that sounds like gas escaping from a balloon.

"I mean it smidge, you dont report here till tomorrow. You dont need to be standing there for days on end." Another whine from the frog. "Right, moving on. I hope you have all at least introduced yourselves a bit. I really do apologize for my tardiness but things have been rather hectic around here. Anyways, welcome to the Concord/Aryen joint intelligence efforts. We are all really glad to have you aboard."

"As you have probably already been informed prior to leaving for here, we have been forming what we like to call Co-op parties to help mesh the offworld influences with our knowledge of current events and situations to try and make some sense out of all of this portal nonsense. The six of you gathered here today,"
at this he shoots a glance at smidge, "comprise one such group. To be precise you are among the first in the real progressive front that we have developed, you and 2 other groups. In the coming weeks you will probably work along side these other groups, but you should have a fair amount of autonomy."

"Well lets get down to the mission shall we? The five of you,"
he points in an arc across the room with his arms leaving out Merrilyn, "have a variety of strengths that we feel should be more than adequate for the task of "field research" as we call it. If you have already discussed it among yourselves you will have noticed that there are those of you that have been brought in for the technological aspect, some for counter measures, and some for safety. To start you will be traveling to some of the lower risk portals that we have confirmed, and see if your experience or knowledge encompasses these phenomenon. You will also be the main group that will analyze the invaders, from a safe distance of course, to see if your world has had any previous contact or history concerning them. Do not worry if this sounds somewhat overwhelming, as per the Co-op set up you will all be working with the help of one of Concord's agents." At this he motions over to Merrilyn and says, "Miss Courville here will be leading your group to make sure that nothing gets too far out of hand."

"Although I'm sure most of you are fairly overwhelmed with your recent transition." You all get the feeling he means the offworlders. "As such the Aryen nation has so kindly invited you all to explore the city for today and tonight. You will of course have free lodging here in the Concord temple if you so choose it, since you obviously wont have the local currency on hand. Anyways, tomorrow some of the other offworlders are arriving and we are forming the other groups that will be working along side you. Besides, we really need to wait till after they have been assembled before you can get started on your actual mission. As such if you have any questions feel free to ask me or Miss Courville, and we will reconvene here around midday tomorrow."

It is fairly clear now that between his broad smile, and his rather generic speech, Lieutenant Brical is most likely a very politically oriented individual. Although nothing can really be said about his appearance.

Maj._Victory

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:02 pm

Listening to the lieutenant's briefing Renault looks a little upset at first, but then grins smugly.

"Rubbish, and I thought we were going to get started today. Oh well, since you're in charge of our little group Miss Courville, what would you suggest for this city outing? Some sights perhaps? Or sample the local cuisine? Maybe the lieutenant can offer some suggestions?"

He looks at them both with wide expectant eyes, clearly being sarcastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gurthoron

Character sheet
Name: Matt Bonner
HP:
20/20  (20/20)
Energy:
16/26  (16/26)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:24 pm

Matt arches an eyebrow at Renault's response. While he wasn't a huge fan of this lieutenant guy, Renault had all the markings of an ass, "Some of us would appreciate some acclimitization. I for one haven't traveled outside my home world, so getting used to the strange things this world has will help in understanding the oddities of others. Seeing as how I'm your tech man Lieutenant would you be able to introduce me to some local experts of weaponry and technology? Perhaps I can establish a common link between technological levels and be better able to understand your societies placement compared to my own." Plus, Matt thought, it would help narrow down what the hell I'll be dealing with. At least this wasn't some sci-fi thing. Then he'd be hopelessly behind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cap'n Pat

Character sheet
HP:
26/50  (26/50)
Energy:
10/20  (10/20)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:39 pm

"Well, I'm always one to dine and getting to know each other better. So I'm going to let the party decide as to our travel plans for the evening."

She smiles to the group awaiting a response.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Umbra_Panthera

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:02 pm

Tenebrae absorbs what the Lieutenant has to say and seems to consider some part of it for quite some time. Missing the resulting conversations. He speaks to himself briefly before turning to Ms. Courville, "I suppose a bit more time to prepare is not amiss..."

"Agent Courville, perhaps I am simply showing my lacking knowledge of humans, but is it wise to take a child with us? I realize he is probably almost an adult, but even by human standards is he not still a child?"

His gaze switches from Merrilyn to Matt only briefly during his speech.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maj._Victory

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:13 pm

"Indeed."

With Miss Courville's response, Renault's sarcastic look changes to an indignant frown. For a moment it appears as though he would speak his mind, but then calmly leans back, deciding against it. Then, resting his chin in his hand, he appears to become lost in thought. It would seem that he completely misses Tenebrae's observation as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gurthoron

Character sheet
HP:
20/20  (20/20)
Energy:
16/26  (16/26)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:49 pm

"A child?" Matt sputters, looking at the elf. "Look, I don't know how long you elves take to mature, but I'm old enough to do anything on my home except drink and get drafted. And not being the legal age for those does not stop the determined. I'm not some 17-year old elf barely out of diapers. I can take care of myself."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Umbra_Panthera

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:21 pm

Tenebrae looks up as Matt speaks, staring blandly into the face of his indignation. He waits for the child to stop speaking, then waits a short time longer.

"I thank you for your instruction, it is good to know I was not mistaken." He then turns back to Merrilyn, "From his own lips, he is not yet fully grown in his own society. I do not wish to endanger a child if we might find another suited for our task."

His gaze is obviously upon Merrilyn as he speaks, though he leans back that he might observe the child's reactions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maj._Victory

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:12 am

Renault continues to act thoughtful, but his chuckling reveals that he is quite aware of the conversation. Soon it becomes a stifled laugh and Renault can restrain himself no longer.

"Heh heh ha, well it would seem that teamwork is a top priority with this group, and along with our leader's stunning direction we'll have this invasion licked in, I would say, two weeks at most." His attention now turns to Matt, and his tone becomes less sarcastic. "What do you say to finding a pub and commencing with a celebration for our guaranteed success? Perhaps we could lose these stuffy blokes that seem to be talking about a certain you. Calliope and Mister Druid, you can join us as well."

Renault expression would best be described as incorrigible as he grins in defiance at the elf and Miss Courville.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzball

Character sheet
Name: Calliope
HP:
30/30  (30/30)
Energy:
28/38  (28/38)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:05 am

Calliope smiles prettily, "I think a drink would be quite welcome. It might even soothe our new elvish friend's worries." She chuckles warmly and turns her brown eyes to Tenebrae. "I think you're pointing your inquiry at the wrong person anyway. If you have a problem with Matt's age, you should take it up with those who gathered us together, perhaps beginning with him." She points at the Lieutenant as she stands and saunters to the door, pausing to allow anyone who wishes to, to join her. "Shall we?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Umbra_Panthera

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:48 am

Tenebrae smirks as he responds, "I would guess our leader had a hand in choosing those who would aid her, besides I am unsure if Lieutenant Brical's purpose is anything but informative."

He nods at Calliope as she heads towards the door, standing and following her, "A change of scenery would not be amiss. A bit of food and drink never hurt anyone either."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bubbles

Character sheet
Name: Philonis Trehbraun
HP:
23/50  (23/50)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:24 am

"Seems that a trip to a pub is in order." Phil says, although he is amazed he stayed up mostly with the conversation. He knew that there was going to be some tension, I mean it was already appearent, so as he recalled the sayings of a man he once knew, 'alochol solves everything.' "I've found that the pub is the best place to get your feet grounded in an unknown area. Best place I know of to get to know one another. Well Ms. Courville shall we get going?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maj._Victory

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:24 am

"Excellent." Renault remarks as he stands and follows the group. Then pausing at the door he turns around, "Come on everyone, keep together now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gurthoron

Character sheet
HP:
20/20  (20/20)
Energy:
16/26  (16/26)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:01 pm

Matt contents himself with muttering as he moves to join the others. He pauses as he draws next to the elf, "On my home we live with the possibility that a single person can wipe every bit of life off the planet. I may be young even by our standards but I have seen things that would scare the living daylights out of you. Reserve your critisicm for proven weakness, not for those you know nothing of." Matt then continues past, smiling shyly at the female named Calliope and waiting for her or Merrilyn to lead the way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Umbra_Panthera

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:50 pm

Tenebrae gathers his belongings as Matt walks past, listening to the child's comments.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzball

Character sheet
HP:
30/30  (30/30)
Energy:
28/38  (28/38)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:02 pm

Calliope shakes her head and moves in between Tenebrae and Matt, slipping one of her arms through each of theirs. "No fighting boys. I'm sure we'll have plenty without turning on each other." She pulls them forward and continues cheerfully, "So, how long do elves live anyway, and how old are you?" She nudges Tenebrae with her hip in a playful manner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Umbra_Panthera

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:29 pm

This thoughts about the similarities between Elven and Human children interrupted, "Usually our lives span four hundred to four hundred and fifty years depending upon the individual in question. Myself I am one hundred and sixty-two." He seems a little distracted by Calliope's manner.

Hopefully the child would be spared true horrors, there had already been enough of that. How often children misunderstand, the thought brings a faint smile to his lips.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzball

Character sheet
HP:
30/30  (30/30)
Energy:
28/38  (28/38)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:17 pm

Calliope nodded, "So that would be equivalent to thirty in human years. Not exactly old enough to qualify as grumpy old man, but then again, one hundred and sixty years does seem like an awfully long time....long enough to forget what it's like to be young, impetuous, and brash." She sighs, "So do elves really like forests, or is that just a myth?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Umbra_Panthera

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:47 pm

"Equivalent is not truly the word for it, with respect to lifespan, perhaps. Each day is worth more than the value of a single day. Yes, we like the woods, we are born to them and they live within us." He chuckles, "I don't forget, never knew how. Where do you come from then, all of you that is, one of Earth obviously?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maj._Victory

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:06 pm

Renault slides up along Matt's side.

"You mentioned that a single person can turn your planet into dust? I find it hard to fathom such a powerful individual. Please do tell more of this, 'Earth'. I am quite interested to hear of it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cap'n Pat

Character sheet
HP:
26/50  (26/50)
Energy:
10/20  (10/20)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:28 pm

Merrilyn smiles at how wonderfully the group is making progress towards unity. She keeps alongside the group, making notes of each feeling and comment. Eventually, she feels the need to speak.

"And Matt, not to interrupt Renault, let it be known that this group under my watch will not discriminate on the basis of world of origin, age, or any other means for that matter. I want all of us to have an equal say and chance to express their opinions with no fear. I hope we can all agree on that, for it is my only order that is not up for discussion."

She hopes everyone understood her comment and moves on to another topic.

Oh! Look! Does this place seem appealing to everyone?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   

Back to top Go down

The beginning
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Phyrexia :: In Character Threads :: It begins-
Jump to: