Phyrexia

Forum based RPG
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 
 

 The beginning

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Bubbles

avatar

Posts : 57
Join date : 2008-02-11
Location : Sniper Island

Character sheet
Name: Philonis Trehbraun
HP:
23/50  (23/50)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:22 pm

Clearly confused by the pace of his compatriots Phil just nods in agreement hoping that whatever these crazy people want to do doesn't involve too much bodily harm. Finally catching up to the conversation, he hears Renault start walking outside.

"I believe I'll join with Mr. Renault there outside. I've got everything I need already." Phil pivots and follows the man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maj._Victory

avatar

Posts : 169
Join date : 2008-02-10
Age : 34
Location : High atop a mountain of four city walls.

Character sheet
Name: Renault 'The Carver' Gavinsborke
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:30 pm

Renault stops for a moment in the doorway. and turns around to face Calliope with a humble look upon his face.

"No, no. Please do not let me stop you from expediting the process. I feel I must apologize for the confusion, my sincerity and sarcasm can be difficult to decipher. Not by any fault of yours though, I am quite certain you are very empathic, but I just have trouble articulating at times. So please, accept my sincerest apologies."


He bows and removes his top hat in one seamless motion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Umbra_Panthera

avatar

Posts : 208
Join date : 2008-02-15
Location : \Delta x\, \Delta p \ge \frac{\hbar}{2}

Character sheet
Name: Tenebrae Aleranyse
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:41 am

Tenebrae nods to Minirven Fairlaen, "Until next we meet. It was a pleasure to speak with you, and I wish you the best of luck on your mission." He turns and follows his new companions from the room. He gives Renault a quizical look, perhaps relating to Renault's mocking laugh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cap'n Pat

avatar

Posts : 93
Join date : 2008-02-21
Age : 34
Location : The tower of Mansville, 23rd floor.

Character sheet
Name: Merrilyn Courville
HP:
26/50  (26/50)
Energy:
10/20  (10/20)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:48 am

"Well then, I'm glad we have gotten everyone ready to travel! Shall we?" Merril grabs her satchel, swings it over her shoulder and being walking towards their goal. She doesn't look back, silently praying her leadership will convince the others to follow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maj._Victory

avatar

Posts : 169
Join date : 2008-02-10
Age : 34
Location : High atop a mountain of four city walls.

Character sheet
Name: Renault 'The Carver' Gavinsborke
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:04 pm

Renault stands up from his bow and continues out the door after Merril.

'We shall travel indeed."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzball

avatar

Posts : 77
Join date : 2008-02-20
Location : a constant state of confusion

Character sheet
Name: Calliope
HP:
30/30  (30/30)
Energy:
28/38  (28/38)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:45 pm

Calliope walks with the group, "Well, the only issue with my method of transportation is that it only works one at a time, so everyone would have to navigate on their own. If we're just traveling up the road to the next town, that isn't such a problem, but if we're trekking out into the wild, it isn't such a good choice."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhael

avatar

Posts : 198
Join date : 2008-02-08
Age : 34
Location : High seas

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:09 pm

"Farewell Tenebrae and companions. May your travels bring you good luck and fortune." She bows as they leave the atrium.

_________________
No content!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Umbra_Panthera

avatar

Posts : 208
Join date : 2008-02-15
Location : \Delta x\, \Delta p \ge \frac{\hbar}{2}

Character sheet
Name: Tenebrae Aleranyse
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:56 pm

Tenebrae smiles slightly to himself, "How are we to travel then, since we appear to have multiple methods at our choice. I personally would rather horseback. It seems more likely to be organized, especially since we have off-worlders with us." He looks curiously at each of the others, awaiting their responses and opinions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cap'n Pat

avatar

Posts : 93
Join date : 2008-02-21
Age : 34
Location : The tower of Mansville, 23rd floor.

Character sheet
Name: Merrilyn Courville
HP:
26/50  (26/50)
Energy:
10/20  (10/20)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:38 pm

Merrilyn stops about 200 yards away from the rest of the group, realizing that they are not in fact following her. She walks back to meet them.

"I did just come to the realiziation that we have no agreed upon method of travel. I believe given the options we have available, it sounds like this "horse" that you speak of will be the best option. Let us go to the location to collect such a vehicle. Does anyone know where to find one?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzball

avatar

Posts : 77
Join date : 2008-02-20
Location : a constant state of confusion

Character sheet
Name: Calliope
HP:
30/30  (30/30)
Energy:
28/38  (28/38)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:21 pm

Calliope tries to hold it in, but can't help but to laugh. "A horse is a creature...four legs...covered with fur...doesn't speak... I'll walk either way."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maj._Victory

avatar

Posts : 169
Join date : 2008-02-10
Age : 34
Location : High atop a mountain of four city walls.

Character sheet
Name: Renault 'The Carver' Gavinsborke
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:55 am

Renault sighs as Merrilyn walks back to the group. After listening to Calliope's explanation Renault turns to Merrilyn.

"If I may offer some sound advice for once in my employment; you need to be more decisive about asserting your decisions over the group. I also find that the simplest solution is often the best. Take for example the method of transport. Do you think that horses, with lack of experience riding them in both yourself and Matt present and some dislike by other members, would be a wise choice? Of course not. So what is the simplest method of conveyance? Walking. Consider this for the future."

Renault appears genuinely interested in helping, but only in the slightest amount. He folds his arms across his chest awaiting an answer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Umbra_Panthera

avatar

Posts : 208
Join date : 2008-02-15
Location : \Delta x\, \Delta p \ge \frac{\hbar}{2}

Character sheet
Name: Tenebrae Aleranyse
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:27 am

"We are perhaps not in a true hurry, yet this is a time of war. Walking, while known to all of us, may not be the best of solutions. Horseback riding is not difficult to learn." Tenebrae speaks softly, perhaps to himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bubbles

avatar

Posts : 57
Join date : 2008-02-11
Location : Sniper Island

Character sheet
Name: Philonis Trehbraun
HP:
23/50  (23/50)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:08 pm

Phil, finally getting caught up in the conversation, looks around to his companions with caution, and speaks.

"The walking bit has my vote. 'Thought if we are in a hurry as Mr. Tenebrae has pointed out, the faster the better. I've got some experience with horses, albiet not alot."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cap'n Pat

avatar

Posts : 93
Join date : 2008-02-21
Age : 34
Location : The tower of Mansville, 23rd floor.

Character sheet
Name: Merrilyn Courville
HP:
26/50  (26/50)
Energy:
10/20  (10/20)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:48 pm

Merril looks around at her group. She pauses for a moment, thinks deeply, then speaks.

"While I do thank you for your consideration into the matter, Teneabre, I do believe that the situation at hand would lead me to believe that the time that would be saving by using these creatures would be lost by several of us learning the use of such creatures. I do understand that we are in a wartime senario, however, we must consider all variables. Therefore, we shall use our feet to travel. Are you OK with this decision, sir?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Umbra_Panthera

avatar

Posts : 208
Join date : 2008-02-15
Location : \Delta x\, \Delta p \ge \frac{\hbar}{2}

Character sheet
Name: Tenebrae Aleranyse
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:42 pm

Tenebrae pauses for a moment, blinks and then nods to himself appearing to come to some kind of conclusion.

"I see, having never made use of such a creature or mode of transit you misunderstand the time it takes to learn. So long as we maintain a walking pace riding a horse is a matter of only balance. A speed higher than a walk would require more practice, yet such a thing comes naturally with time on horseback. Would it not be a useful skill to learn?"

He looks curiously at Merril and those who have spoken of never riding a horse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cap'n Pat

avatar

Posts : 93
Join date : 2008-02-21
Age : 34
Location : The tower of Mansville, 23rd floor.

Character sheet
Name: Merrilyn Courville
HP:
26/50  (26/50)
Energy:
10/20  (10/20)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:50 pm

Merril thinks about things.

"Well, it is obvious that this particular way of travel is not something that I am terribly familiar with. I'd put things to a vote, but it appears that we have a split in the party with 2 for traveling by foot and 2 traveling by other means. I do not know enough about this mode of convance to place a vote either way. My understanding of our mission is we are out to discover knowledge. Well, I shall regard this as a chance to gain additional knowledge!" She points a finger out forcefully in a seemingly random direction.

"To the...uh...horse rental....place. YEAH!" She pulls her hand back and scratches her temple. "Does anyone know where it is?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maj._Victory

avatar

Posts : 169
Join date : 2008-02-10
Age : 34
Location : High atop a mountain of four city walls.

Character sheet
Name: Renault 'The Carver' Gavinsborke
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:31 pm

Renault shakes his head in disgust.

"Well since Mr. Tenebrea seems to be a well of knowledge and promoter of the horse in general, its possible he may know of such an establishment. Am I correct in my hypothesis?" Renault looks at Tenebrae with an aloof expression on his face.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Umbra_Panthera

avatar

Posts : 208
Join date : 2008-02-15
Location : \Delta x\, \Delta p \ge \frac{\hbar}{2}

Character sheet
Name: Tenebrae Aleranyse
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:29 pm

Tenebrae chuckles, "indeed, I found several such places as I walked last night." He turns and leads them to an inn with a stables.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhael

avatar

Posts : 198
Join date : 2008-02-08
Age : 34
Location : High seas

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Thu May 01, 2008 6:51 pm

Tenebrae Leads the party to a large log stable. The signpost swinging in the front has a mare galloping across water with writing across the top.

To those who can read it
Spoiler:
 

The breeze blowing from the back of the stables brings a very unique animal smell to it. The type of fragrance only a ranch can produce really. Over the lower lying woodwork, several large horses can be seen trotting around. Looking in past the propped open door in the front a middle aged human woman can be seen organizing fabric on the wall. She looks fairly well built for her age, probably owing to years of dealing with powerful animals and physical labor.

_________________
No content!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Umbra_Panthera

avatar

Posts : 208
Join date : 2008-02-15
Location : \Delta x\, \Delta p \ge \frac{\hbar}{2}

Character sheet
Name: Tenebrae Aleranyse
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Thu May 01, 2008 7:39 pm

"Good evening Madam, we have heard of your establishment from those greatly satisfied from their dealings with you. We seek to purchase five horses and hope you can accommodate our needs." Tenebrae gazes at the woman as he speaks, bowing slightly as she looks up at him. He indicates his companions as he speaks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhael

avatar

Posts : 198
Join date : 2008-02-08
Age : 34
Location : High seas

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Fri May 02, 2008 1:44 pm

"Why sure, 5 horses would be no problem. Were you were looking for a specific coat? Or are you looking for work horses?" She brushes some long hairs off her clothes rather hastily as you approach. "Also would you be needing shoeing and straps or do you have your own?"

_________________
No content!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Umbra_Panthera

avatar

Posts : 208
Join date : 2008-02-15
Location : \Delta x\, \Delta p \ge \frac{\hbar}{2}

Character sheet
Name: Tenebrae Aleranyse
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Fri May 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Tenebrae thinks for a moment upon her questions, "I do not believe we shall require a specific coat, however we will be needing two cold bloods for our inexperienced riders. We possess neither shoes nor tack and will need them."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzball

avatar

Posts : 77
Join date : 2008-02-20
Location : a constant state of confusion

Character sheet
Name: Calliope
HP:
30/30  (30/30)
Energy:
28/38  (28/38)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Fri May 02, 2008 4:31 pm

Calliope steps forward next to the elf, "He means four." She turns a smile toward him, "I told you already that walking will be fine for me. Perfectly lovely horses I'm sure, but they still won't be able to keep up. No reason to have another animal to care for when it isn't needed."


Last edited by Fuzzball on Fri May 02, 2008 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I can't count and 5 was the right number...ignore me)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhael

avatar

Posts : 198
Join date : 2008-02-08
Age : 34
Location : High seas

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Fri May 02, 2008 5:03 pm

After giving Calliope a weird look she turns back to Tenebrae to answer, "Ah, inexperienced riders. I see, you must want some travel horses then. I'll have Emmiline line up some of the more comfortable horses to see if they are to you liking." She leans to call out the door "EMMILINE! LINE UP A POSSE OF GREYS AND BROWNS FOR THE WEYWARDS WILL YOU!"

After a moment she leads the group out back where a young stable girl is centered around six horses milling about. The horses all look fairly mild mannered and dont shy away when people come close. As the she shows the group the beasts, the older woman pulls the young girl aside and says quietly "Go get 5 sets of straps and like as well."

Then speaking to Tenebrae again. "The sturdier ones cost upwards of 1 Blue and will take you wherever you want to go. The greycoats will run slightly less seeing as how they havent the training. I wouldn't recommend them for first timers to be honest."

_________________
No content!


Last edited by Mikhael on Sat May 03, 2008 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Umbra_Panthera

avatar

Posts : 208
Join date : 2008-02-15
Location : \Delta x\, \Delta p \ge \frac{\hbar}{2}

Character sheet
Name: Tenebrae Aleranyse
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Fri May 02, 2008 10:29 pm

Tenebrae nods, "A blue seems a bit pricey. How do you say to seven reds? "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The beginning   

Back to top Go down
 
The beginning
Back to top 
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Phyrexia :: In Character Threads :: It begins-
Jump to: