Phyrexia

Forum based RPG

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

The beginning

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Maj._Victory

Character sheet
Name: Renault 'The Carver' Gavinsborke
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:27 am

Renault woke up groggy and disheveled the next morning. He looked warily out into the day from his window. Renault was used to working nights, and working on a different world. Regardless, he had work to do.

Shortly after Tenebrae arrives, Renault enters looking impeccable.

"Good day Lieutenant, Tenebrae." He tips his hat and then proceeds to lean against the chamber wall and pulls out his notebook. Renault begins scribing runes onto a blank page. He doesn't seem to be actively paying attention to the new group, as far as anyone can tell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cap'n Pat

Character sheet
Name: Merrilyn Courville
HP:
26/50  (26/50)
Energy:
10/20  (10/20)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:42 am

Merril steps through the door just moments behind Renault. "Good morning, everyone! Are we ready to get started?" She takes a seat as close to the spot she had yesterday, looking to see if any cookies are left.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhael

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:09 pm

Lieutenant Brical waves at Renault and Merrilyn. "Good morning as they say. Uh, they being Earthen people i guess. We should wait a moment for the others to arrive."

In the other side of the room the conversation still rages. "Now now, there is no need for defamatory remarks Grenn," says an soft elven voice. "Defamatory? He's practically a snot rag!" "Sea..." "Alright, lets say we do continue our earlier plan," comes the hoarse voice. The human girl speaks in a soft whisper, "Oye, faker. Let me hear what that sound is, anythings got to be better than this shit." To this the sleeping boy reaches in his pocket and produces a thin white box with a metal undercoating. Coming out of the top of it is another rope that splits into to bulbs at the end. She holds the bulbs up to her ear mimicking his movements, as he taps the top of the box.

"Um, you might want to leave them be,"
Says Lieutenant Brical. "The last thing they need is more people to argue with."

Bubbles

Character sheet
Name: Philonis Trehbraun
HP:
23/50  (23/50)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:47 pm

Phil, after spending the night outside of town looking quite refreshed, walks into the meeting place. Once again he slips towards the wall, but this time he places himself closer to his new 'partners.' He starts to mouth words, but is hesitant. That other group is, well, unnerving for Phil, and plus he has no idea what they're talking about. So he just smiles and waves at Merril.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhael

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:35 pm

Lieutenant Brical claps his hands together and looks across the members of the party. "Well, I suppose we had best get down to business. Your first assignment to be specific. Nothing too complex mind you, we have got to start simply. There is a portal to the northwest, not far from here. As stated before your group is intended to be a recon/research group. You see, we really don't understand these portals very well. This is where you come in. The portal that I mentioned before leads to a fairly unexplored world, seeing as how this portal was discovered rather recently. We have just sent a team through, to discover what this new world holds. However, we also feel that this portal would be a prime location for our first studies. Seeing as how it is a relatively close portal, and is some what free from the dangers of the invaders. I have here a map..." At which Lieutenant Brical produces a parchment of stiff paper and hands it to Merrilyn. "this map shows the layout of the Aryen Nation to the northwest, naturally since this is a matter of security we do not have the position of the portal marked on it. However it is about 2 marks south of this town here." He points on the parchment at a small town labeled Meydonis. "Travel can be by any means you dictate, although overland travel should be fairly safe in this location, you should be able to handle any bandits or the like. Not that there... uh... is much problems on the streets... Um.. Anyways, once you have arrived at the portal we would like you to use your various expertise and knowledge to see what you can glean from it. It may help also that this portal has appeared in a fairly interesting location. A relic temple to be precise. Now we are pretty sure since your various worlds," he points at the offworlders of the group, "have a fair amount in common with either our world or others. This is fairly evident in our shared languages. So don't think this is a quest to just sit around and stare at the portal. We actually do have some information that says these two things may be interconnected. We just aren't sure how yet. So, with that said... Are there any questions?"

In the background the argument rages on... "Alright so we can all agree that we should use the teleportation yes?" "Seeeeeeaaaa!" "NO teleportation!" "Oh not this crap again!"

Umbra_Panthera

Character sheet
Name: Tenebrae Aleranyse
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:52 pm

Tenebrae asks, "Are we to enter the portal at all or simply study it from this side? Would it not be prudent to study the portal from both sides?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhael

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:56 pm

"We ask that you refrain from entering the portal, seeing as how we have already learned how much damage cross-world interaction can lead to if not done with care. However if necessary you may enter the portal to study it, but do not leave the guard location on the other side. "

Cap'n Pat

Character sheet
HP:
26/50  (26/50)
Energy:
10/20  (10/20)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:37 pm

Merrilyn turns her head to the side and smiles. "No, I believe that my questions are answered. Does anyone else have any?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhael

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:09 pm

"Well if there are any I will be around here to answer them, or if you need anything. You may leave whenever you are ready." And with that, Brical smiles to all and walks out of the room. The soft sound of his footsteps ascending the nearby staircase is almost drowned out by the quarreling nearby.

Umbra_Panthera

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:47 pm

"Something leads me to believe he will cause us trouble in the future. Shall we depart then?" Tenebrae looks about at the others, sparing a glance for the argumentative people. He tightens his pack and adjusts his sword, checking his various equipment for readiness. "Bandits never do seem to understand the scale of danger, acting more when they should act less." He shakes his head sadly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzball

Character sheet
Name: Calliope
HP:
30/30  (30/30)
Energy:
28/38  (28/38)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:50 pm

Calliope enters in the same gray clothes she wore the day before, though this time she carries a backpack with her. She nods to Brical as she passes him and smiles at her new comrades. "Looks like I missed the meeting. Perfect timing I'd say. So where are we off to?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maj._Victory

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:47 pm

Renault puts away his notes and looks up at Calliope.

"A portal not far from here. Apparently there may be bandits along the way as well. Perhaps this will not be a terribly droll journey after all." A sick grin covers Renault's face as he mentions the dangers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzball

Character sheet
HP:
30/30  (30/30)
Energy:
28/38  (28/38)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:16 pm

"You should consider getting a hobby Renault." Calliope smiles sweetly. "Shall we be on our way then?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cap'n Pat

Character sheet
HP:
26/50  (26/50)
Energy:
10/20  (10/20)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:43 am

"I am ready, but I believe that we should wait here for the remainder of our party, at least for a moment. Is anyone opposed to this?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maj._Victory

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:31 pm

"Well isn't that the idea? What nonsense it would be if you were to venture forth before gathering your party."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhael

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:15 am

And so with the party now assembled, they begin the task of finding their way to the town of Meydonis. The map reveals few other than rolling hills and grasslands along the journey. Only the occasional town along the marked road, and most with fairly elaborate names.

In the temple, the other group has finally concluded their discussion. With talks of leaving in a matter of moments they have given themselves 10 minutes to set their affairs in order and gather provisions before they embark. The elven woman glides over to the very quitely assembled group by the door. "Hello there, you must be our counterparts. I am Minirven Fairlaen, from the western continent for those who are unfamiliar with our world." She bows then looks rather expectantly for a reply.

Meanwhile the dwarf bolts past the party muttering something about stocking up on stores. Smidge begins ambling across the room towards a sack in the corner. The rather tall individual strides past on the heels of the dwarf and then proceeds up the staircase in two steps. And on the couch the other two are reclined propping their feet up on the table with white cords coming out of their ears.

Umbra_Panthera

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:46 am

Tenebrae steps forward, "I am Tenebrae Aleranyse of Edarth, it is heartening to meet you." He bows back to her slightly. "It seems your companions are quite forceful in their opinions."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhael

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:22 pm

"Yes well, Dwarves can be rather... difficult to deal with. Especially trying to get a Dwarf to rely on someone else's form of transportation, like teleportation." She replies.

Umbra_Panthera

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:55 pm

"Perhaps letting him run for a few days might alter his opinion," Tenebrae chuckles softly, obviously not wishing his comment to be heard by any other of her party.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gurthoron

Character sheet
Name: Matt Bonner
HP:
20/20  (20/20)
Energy:
16/26  (16/26)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:15 pm

Matt sits quietly and listens in, occasionally glancing at the pair in the corner who appeared to be listening to an mp3 player. So he wasn't the only one from Earth. Although from his appearance the guy looked like an arrogant punk so Matt didn't bother trying to introduce himself. Taking a few notes on his laptop, he folds it up when they rise to leave. Bandits, eh? I wonder what the percentage chance of a random encounter was around here. Hopefully the battle music was decent.

"Umm, I'd just like to point out, for travel purposes, I have never ridden a horse."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maj._Victory

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:46 am

"Horse? Given the welcome we've received I would hypothesize that we will be walking, or at most given a donkey and cart." Renault scratches his beard while looking towards the exit, perhaps in reference to their host.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikhael

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:07 pm

"Letting a dwarf run can be a very large mistake. Once they taste solid ground... well you know. Besides, I am trying to make use of the talents available." She looks at Renault, "Horses are available if you like. You could simply purchase one from the locals."

For the locals
Spoiler:

Umbra_Panthera

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
35/35  (35/35)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:59 pm

Tenebrae chuckles, "Indeed." He glances at the others, "are we prepared to depart, or shall we abide a time in conversation??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maj._Victory

Character sheet
HP:
40/40  (40/40)
Energy:
30/30  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:11 pm

Renault scoffs at the elven whore interjecting into his conversation with Matt.

"Yes I believe we had best go now." And Renault walks out into the hallway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzball

Character sheet
HP:
30/30  (30/30)
Energy:
28/38  (28/38)

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:18 pm

Calliope laughs. "I'm faster than any horse. I'll walk. We can all get there a bit faster, though Renault gave the impression that he prefered the slower path. My way might deprive some bandits of a target."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The beginning   

Back to top Go down

The beginning
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Phyrexia :: In Character Threads :: It begins-
Jump to: